- Facility Information
- Storage Tank Capacity 21,000MT
- Location Campang Raya, Kec. Tj. Karang Tim, Kota Bandar Lampung, South of Sumatra
Reception & Testing Facilities
When the transport trucks arrive at the processing facility, the liquefied POME is now in a solid form so the trucks need to undergo heating before processing can start. Before processing however, trucks are weighed to check the initial volume of the POME and samples are taken for testing and quality purposes. A final draining of the tank trucks is carried out to minimise the final moisture content before POME processing can begin. Testing and quality are of utmost importance. A laboratory is used to control the quality of the POME and so adequate laboratory facilities are required to handle the entire range of tests to be carried out. Standard general testing will usually cover FFA content testing and moisture/impurities testing, but in addition, other tests check iodine levels and saponifiable matter values.
The quality achieved from processing should comply with specifications for Moisture and Impurity content. Processing consists of 4 main steps; filtering, mixing, settling, and moisture / wastes removal.
- Filtering: The purpose of this process is to prevent large particles from entering the processing silos. This is achieved by using a stainless steel mesh on top of the 1st tank. By separating large particles through filtering, a uniform size is achieved. The filter tray is designed to be removable for maintenance and cleaning purposes.
- Mixing: One of the important steps in the processing station is to blend different batches of POME that have different levels of FFA and colouration to achieve the desired specification. The processing station allows for this exact volume to be calculated.
- Settling: The settling process is an important process by which the quality of POME relies upon. This process will determine the moisture and impurities content to be drained. This settling process ensures that only oil will pass through the process to enter the next step of processing, while impurities remain and are removed in a timely manner.
- Moisture / Wastes Removal: This process will be applied in each of the three steps of the processing station. A conical silo system is used to remove moisture and waste by opening of a drain valve.
Storage are in the form of 40 foot high-cube used containers with a capacity of approximately 70 tons. The containers will be arranged in batches of two (one on top of the other) so as to allow each batch to achieve a volume of approximately 140 tons. The storage tanks will be designed to comply with relevant safety and structural strength requirements. Testing and inspection will form part of normal operations so as to ensure the integrity of the container storage tanks.